Monday, May 7, 2012

And be merry

I feel better.  Because of you.  You who asked me what was going on in my life  so many times that I started a blog just so I could keep it all straight.  You who read this mess and give me recipes and refer me to websites and blogs and encourage me and get frustrated along with me, and you who simply read this mess and think about us.  Thank you.  I feel the love, especially lately.

And old friend dropped by yesterday and just beamed at me over the girls.  First of all, it was super good to see our old family friend.  But I had to scratch and claw my way out of my research pit/migraine meds daze to participate in his absolute spot-on delight with the kiddos.  Worth the effort, let me tell you.  And today between Sasha's Dr. appointment and poor Em's dang stomach still hurting, I at least got some good snuggle time in with each of them, and it was nice.

I am also less worried about making food. Sasha's eating good amounts of good food, gaining weight, and peeing and pooping.  The blood panel will tell us about thyroid and kidneys and nutrition levels and such. We take it from there and likely we do nothing but apply the steroid cream twice a day and proceed with life and wait for her hair to grow back.  If it takes me a while to dehydrate my kale chips and FINALLY figure out my ingredients and the damn bread machine, so be it.  They aren't going anywhere.

Emily now has her own migraine journal on my phone which works for abdominal migraines as well...*sigh*...so that when I do take her in, I am armed with numbers.  But unless it gets ridiculous and I want to put her on meds (NOT) there's nothing you can do but avoid triggers, which we haven't identified.  Watch and wait.  Hope and pray.  Eat, drink, and be merry.  Thanks for watching, waiting, hoping, and praying with me.  I'm working on the eat, drink, and be merry part.  I couldn't do it without you.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know there were stomach migraines

    ReplyDelete
  2. smiling to hear you got to sit and enjoy some snuggles--those really do make it all worth it!! You WILL be looking back on this time and remarking how you got through it. Praying for more "merry" Elis :) (not sure how to change my profile name)

    ReplyDelete