Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Rule 9

See 'cause I could shower right now but I feel like that would just be temping Monday to show up at my pillow at 6:20AM again, as he has done for the past two mornings in a row, trying to rip and burn a hole in my head and face.  It's about as awesome as it sounds and while today one kid actually made it to school and tomorrow it's my goal that both make it to school, I'd rather do it with questionable odor and less trace of Monday than the other way around.  That is to say less odor, and more Monday.  That is also to say more question and fewer meds.  Damn, these are things I had not calculated when I wrote my rules for surviving without Botox.  It makes me sangry.  To be sangry [sad+angry] over not having the energy to shower is probably a #firstworldproblem.  But everyone has to deal with Monday.  Monday is a direct result of sin.  Monday is a real asshole.  There will be no "Monday" in heaven.

Anyway, my rules aren't holding up real well.  Well, maybe just a couple of them aren't:

Rule 1. Never talk about fight club. (obviously.  still intact this one)
Rule 2. Never take a whole Relpax. (i only get 9 a month.  and i already broke this one.)
Rule 3. Try not to drive on Toradol. (so far so good.)
Rule 4. EAT. Especially on Toradol. (more or less good.)
Rule 5. Don't look down. (ugh....)
Rule 6. Exhaust your options. (always, always an exhausting work in progress)
Rule 7. When you fail, give up, do something fun, and try again later. (hard to do actually.)
Rule 8. Watch Star Wars. (again, obviously. done and done.)

The rule about not looking down crashed and burned today.  As we prayed about Emily's stomach hurting and Sasha's ears still (STILL!) hurting, it just felt like we were dying, my whole little family.  We survived September and 8 days into October...8 days into October I understand the verse "...so do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Today has enough trouble of its own."  Well no shit.  Tomorrow is an absolute blank and I pretty much don't give a friggin' care about much beyond waking up WITHOUT Monday still trying to claw my inner brains out.  Funny, the passage just before that verse is Jesus telling his disciples not to worry about what they will eat, drink, or wear, but to pursue the Father's kingdom and righteousness instead.  'Cause he had their back Jack.  Talk about not looking down.

What would Jesus say to me?  Don't worry about if your meds are gonna last?
Charli 1: "That's dumb dude, he would just heal you."
charli 2: "You're dumb dude, you were born now, and he HASN'T healed you yet."

Well what he said to his disciples who wrote it down and spread it to the whole world was to not worry.  And what he prayed for in John 17 was for the fine folks who would believe in him through their testimony.  So Monday-dressed-as-Wednesday Oct 9 can suck it.  I will not tempt Monday by exerting the energy to shower, neither will I worry whether or not the meds will run out.  I will await my miracle in the bliss that is the complete opposite of ignorant.  Every second that feels like death is a step closer to survival, and I will look up, I will fight for it tooth and nail.  Shoot, and there went Rule 1.

Rule 9. Look up.

Make Emily coffee in the morning to make sure her stomach ache doesn't come back.

Rule 9. Look up.

Procure non-candy items for Trunk-or-Treat because my NIGHT MOPS ladies wanted my girls to be able to actually participate (gasp!!!) so they outlawed candy because there isn't a candy on this earth that Sasha can have unless I make it.  Tears.  Right now.  Of joy...

Rule 9.  Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment