Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Manager

Today is a pain, as many days are lately. I've had my third round of Botox for migraine injections 3 days ago, which triggered a migraine. Although, who even know anymore why my head hurts these days, as Botox for me seems to take about 3 1/2 weeks to kick in anyway. I have great plans for today tho', there's a lot to do! Yesterday we went and got more oxo bins to hold all the bulk foods I've been buying, rice, different rice, buckwheat (which is NOT wheat at all) and one of the two safe cereals that my youngest daughter can actually have. Well, today I was going to plan and purchase some meal ingredients for my slow-cooker which will set us up for a few days worth of food. I was also planning on getting a recipe for some kale chips and some sweet potato chips. Instead I took more migraine meds, and am contemplating psalm 23: The lord is my shepherd, I don't lack anything. Dinner last night was scrambled eggs with spinach and cheese and onions, and pan fried potatoes with garlic and Parmesan. It was so killer good. I learn over and over that if I lay on the couch in pain instead if planning and going shopping, that we still eat, even on an extremely limited diet free from nuts, wheat, corn, nitrates, and sulfites. I still have to absolutely force myself to quit worrying, but it's absolutely worth the effort. In fact, with a 3 and 5 year old watching my every move, it's absolutely necessary. With stress only making migraines worse, it's quite medically necessary. So, come Monday I've just got to manage 3 snacks to 2 different schools, and of course getting out of bed. I've got to figure out which balance of attack-the-migraine meds will keep me supplied and going until the Botox kicks in or the diet change kicks in. (fingers crossed!)Oh, and since my youngest has heinous butt rash and I don't suspect the night time pull-up is doing her any favors either wet OR dry, the cycle of pee-pee sheets have begun. Life is a pain well worth it, like a tattoo. Not that I have one, I'm allergic to metal, nickel specifically. What the random allergies and issues you ask? Clearly, this world is not our home.

1 comment: