Friday, March 23, 2012

All or Nothing

Piece of junk.  It was all or nothing.  It was do all the scratches or schedule an appointment to talk to the allergist, and then re-schedule the scratch tests.  (read: 4 week delay) Ugh....so I said fine, scratch her 41 times, test her for peanuts, tree nuts, carrots, dogs, dust, milk, eggs, soy, rabbits, people, happy thoughts, nightmares, monsters, fish, light sabers, leather, fluorescent bulbs, darkness, books, furniture, trees, grass, pollen, ceiling tiles, and laughter.  And wheat and corn.  Well as it turns out, according to the scratch test which was "accurate" since the control scratch caused a bump, she's allergic to...nothing.  Not a damn thing.  Our consult with the allergist who I'm starting to doubt even exists anymore isn't for another two weeks.  TWO WEEKS!!!  When I told the nice lady who scratched her 41 times for no apparent reason (she really was super nice) what has been going on and how it's all gone now since I quit feeding her wheat and corn, she said keep not feeding her wheat and corn.  :-l  kI'lldothat.  Because I'm not a big fan of the superfits or the progressively worse face rash or Sasha scratching her skin off or the tummy-aches or the random diarrhea. (and occasional gas that could fill up a room)  And in two weeks, we'll talk blood testing.  Until then, I'll enjoy Sasha's pretty skin and pleasanter disposition.

In other news, I got both kids out the door today WITHOUT a migraine.  Can I go all day folks?  It would be something...maybe I'll spend two months tracking down the allergist and demanding some blood tests to see if I'm allergic, if this cutting out gluten and corn works wonders for me.  Wouldn't that be something?  The point of all that would of course be to raise awareness, so that other people who suffer chronic, debilitating migraines hound allergists and demand blood tests to see if they have weird, hidden allergies.  But, it may all come to nothing.  For me I mean.  For Sasha, she's either allergic or has some kind of massive intolerance.  Allergist?  Dermatologist? Gastroenterologist? Proctologist? ('Cause all of this is a huge pain in the...)

No comments:

Post a Comment