Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Almost 38

It's almost pear season.

We seem to have plenty of pears left, thankfully.  However, that's because Sasha stopped eating pears for quite a while.  It turns out, the red pears make her feel crappy.  So ever the colored foods get her.  We still have green and brown pears tho.  Most of the pear sauce seems ok, and we had mostly green pears anyway.  So we know for this year.  *sigh*  Fuck you food sensitivities.

We're going to retrial cheese soon, so there's that.

Steven being here has certainly lightened the load.  He does dishes, laundry, food prep, and light parenting.  It is taking a lot of effort to teach him all the ins and outs of running this place, but he is learning.  I imagine in a year or so he'll have it down.  He got a decent job so when his debt is paid off he shouldn't have any trouble paying me back, bastard.  I only had to stop him from bringing nutty granola into the house once, so all told, not bad.  The work he provides costs me in stress and energy, but it's still probably an overall net gain, especially because my mom doesn't have to cover for me ALL the time anymore.  And as time passes he'll get with the program more and more, or I'll break his legs.

The girls and I are trying to recover from some excellent family time we just had.  Man, we went all over the place and hung out so much, no wonder we are tore up!  The girls even saw all the cousins at the reunion.  I had a migraine the whole time so I mainly slept, thank you hormone week.  I am back to aggressively icing and budgeting energy.  We had our second session with a lady who does Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for kids, but that so far has just been business and not pain reduction.  Sasha has had a migraine both times we've been there so far.  Hopefully as we get into our school routine that will cease.

Blagh, school, the third (fourth?) bane of my existence.  It should be better this year, right?  Steven is here helping out, the girls are both feeling better, why am I not excited?  I am still having a lot of migraine, tho not as much as the horror that June was.  And July was a lot due to fun over kill.  August hasn't started out well but so far it has been July hangover.  I am bummed about the reality of Steven being a near worthless shithead who must be managed, along with the prospect of not even dying alone but dying with a near worthless shithead to manage.  Did I need another cross?  Does it matter?  How I feel definitely matters...so anyway there's that.  I have a thorn in my head and in my side and two more thorns asleep in their bunkbeds.

I do have Hamilton, and I do live in California, and those two things are to be celebrated daily.  Hallelujah.

No comments:

Post a Comment