Saturday, July 30, 2016

Both Sides

I think we are taught to pray in faith, right?  We pray with the hope that we are being listened to, that our prayers are answered be it yes or no.  But always with this two-sidedness about it.  I'm not saying that's wrong, I'm saying that's absolutely right.  But the way I have pictured it has been wrong.  Sometimes two-sidedness is still having your heart splayed open and regularly stomped upon.  No one tells you that's allowed in the two-sided faith of prayers.  That might have been helpful.  I can see why that lesson was neglected, it's not pretty and it's not exactly gonna put butts in the seats of a youth group meeting.  (but don't even get me started)

An awful lot of things are allowed in the two-sided faith of prayers that you don't hear about, like long suffering.  You do not want to know about that.  And it's not joy in long suffering, it's suffering, for a long ass time.  That is totally allowed.  So is having your head split open regularly, or rather the feeling of it.  Don't misunderstand me, there is a lot of joy in living while suffering, but there is not a lot of joy in having your head split open regularly.  You get the difference?  Huge ass suffering for decades and decades is totally allowed in two-sided, faithful, prayer.  And it doesn't mean you're doing anything wrong or not doing anything right.

With my heart splayed open, and a spike in my head, I will still pray for this world, knowing all may not go down as I desire.  Truth will guide me, joy will strengthen me, and the Lord will never cease to provide.  Thank you Jesus, that is all. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment