Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Weednyland

Today is the worst Sasha has felt all week, and she still avoided rescue meds and drastic measures.  Some of her suffering may have been avoided if we hadn't gone to the library when the therapy dogs were there, but what's the point of living if you can't even have therapy dogs?  Although, maybe leaving early wasn't the worst idea, which was due to Emily's abdominal migraine.  Still, it was success in several ways.

I am trying my darndest to avoid rescue meds myself this evening.  April, May, and June have been crap.  Yesterday was declared a "relax day" since we had been out and about a bit, due to Sasha's feeling better and some family visiting, doctor appointments and errands etc.  My relax day activities included a few loads of laundry spread throughout the day, but it was enough to kick my butt today.  Ah, the spoonie life.  It pisses me off.  I am happy to see neatly folded piles of dishcloths and unpaper towels, but upset that it comes with such a steep price.  But it's not just the laundry, it's the fact I processed greens and made and then froze two pots of soup earlier this week, plus plus plus plus plus....COME ON BODY!!!

But back to the kids, it's absolutely thrilling that Sasha has had so many good days in a row.  Seven counting today, although she did fight nausea for maybe half of it.  That's still not the worst and not even average.  It's so much less stressful when she's not suffering constantly.  So maybe some combination of probiotics and cleaning her out were helpful?  Or maybe it's the lack of having to do schoolworks?  Maybe it's just a fluke?!?!!!   Only time will tell.  Now if Emily would start feeling better.

Physical therapy is kicking my head, neck, and shoulders, to very little avail yet.  Last round it cut rescue med days in half, so I'm hanging in and doing my exercises and icing like the Queen of Narnia.  Again with the dumb patience.  But honestly, suffering together has been kind of a life raft for us.  We had to leave the library early for Emily when Sasha would rather have stayed, but I reminded her how much Em takes care of her when she's not feeling well, and it wasn't an issue.  And when I go through my cycles of more and less energy, the kids aren't demanding at all.  They just ask how I'm feeling and always wish me to feel better, and give hugs and kisses.  And we pray together a lot.

And even tho we're on summer break, Emily was home with Sasha and I for most of the school year even before she was officially homeschooled, which has made us closer as a family.  We very much take turns paddling.  Sometimes we just drift, then have to deal with where we've ended up.  Not to sound too much like Captain America (who totally ISN'T a Hydra agent btw, that's copout garbage) but whatever we do, we do together.  The girls are still hilarious and quick-witted, and while we'd rather our raft be at Disneyland, at least we're tangled in the weeds with good company.  Bonus, Steven gets to visit this weekend.  It's nice when he paddles for a while.

Gah, I need to ice my head.  Peace out homies.

No comments:

Post a Comment