Saturday, December 23, 2017

Christmas Letter?

The girls are outside skating, their new obsession.  It's so good for them too, because the remedy for fatigue is exercise, according to their neurologist and common sense.  Sasha must be feeling better.  After no puke for a month, she has puked twice in past two days with migraine.  But  everything is still more manageable since her Trigger Point Injection kicked in, 7 weeks after she got it.  It was either that or the miracle of camel milk, a  new food we've been able to add.

But back to fatigue, I know we'd be a lot more concerned about Emily if everything else weren't more pressing at present.  She's still so far from normal, from where she was when her migraine kicked back in two years ago.  However, she has improved a lot since then and is actively managing much better.  I mean, I did just have to clean my keyboard, trackpad, and screen just to be able to type without gagging, but she recognized that she feels better and sleeps better when she gets outside and exercises a lot so even when she's fatigued, she makes real effort to go do just that.  The rest of the time if she's not recovering in my hammock, she's probably coding or talking to her cousin online while coding, or reading of course.  She has powered through some nice math lately thanks to my friend's Fairy Garden Math Advent Calendar.  We're behind again, but we'll get through before the wise men find the baby.

The girls had their favorite adopted cousin stay for about 5 days recently, my oldest bestest friend's son.  They had a blast, and Sasha didn't crash until after he left which is very typical.  But that she made it through almost the entire week and played and ran around and even had a huge playdate with a couple other friends was outstanding.  I'm sure it's why she's had a couple more serious migraine days lately.  So worth it.  Such a change from the past year maybe, especially since September when everyone's everything hit the fan.

I usually have a difficult September, sometimes October.  This year it was September, October, and November.  I added a medicine and avoided another week in the hospital for DHE infusions for Christmas so that was a win, and since Sasha's TPI worked, she avoided the hospital infusions too.  We were both headed that way and were going to have to decide who went first?!  Very thankfully, that nightmare has been avoided.

So I guess we continue to homeschool and see what happens!  I have put in an order for an upgraded skeleton, hopefully that goes through.  We need a new Richard in our life.  I got noise canceling earphones and they are LIFE CHANGING.  I should have bought them earlier.  Since September I've become a lot more light sensitive, and being overdue for new glasses, my super light-blocking prescription migraine glasses should arrive soon.  I will look like a big freak, or a race car driving DJ.  Bring It On, Momma's got stuff to do.  Plus between those and the headphones, that's half my head holes covered from puke splash.


No comments:

Post a Comment