Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Good Dreams

I had the best dream today.  Crawling out of this migraine hole has caused me to reinstate nap time, so I crashed near noon thirty as per protocol.  My head had been perpetually burning for over a week, but thankfully let up today.  However, migraine hangover means I'm still fatigued, so I got a bit of an early start. I don't know how quickly my dream came, but lemme tell you about my favorite part.

I was in a house that had been recently constructed.  It was still being finished actually, but was habitable.  It had high angular ceilings, and two living areas. (Hopefully that means two bathrooms!) It actually reminded me in shape of this house right when we moved in, before my dad put the wall in that completed my old tiny bedroom, except everything was bigger.  There was limited furniture, wood floors, and nothing on the walls so the acoustics were nice and bouncy.  I sang some arpeggios and the overtones were just absolutely killer.  An old friend of mine was there and my piano was in one of the living areas, so she and I just started singing and harmonizing and giggling over ourselves.  I didn't go to college with this friend, but we started singing college choir warmups because dreams are funny like that.

The newness and beauty of the house, the friendship, and of course the music made it the best dream I've had in recent memory, and I mean in the past few years.  I mainly have nothing dreams or anxiety dreams.  It's funny that as I'm planning a totally non-routine UCSF trip during dinner and traffic[read:nightmare], ordering a portable wardrobe so the new crap roommate has a place to keep his accoutrement lest he sully the office with his daily detritus, and still managing everyone's symptoms, my brain spits out a dream that is my actual dream.

I didn't lack energy, and of course no one was out of tune.  Hehe, clearly not reality.  But I will mentally revel in it none the less.  I didn't know how badly I missed and needed happy thoughts.  God, it was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment