Saturday, December 14, 2013

So you had a bad day or People used to die of infection

I can't remember my last ear infection.  I don't know that I've ever had a double.  I do know that I've never had a double ear infection with a sinus infection and a migraine or 2.  I wanted to be put into an induced coma.  I hadn't been this miserable since my second c-section and now that I think about it, last night may have been worse.  At least before, I could sleep in 1-2 hour intervals where as last night was just ear, jaw, and neck pain, Percocet be damned! That capped 4 nights of not sleeping and just being so, so, incredibly uncomfortable and/or in excruciating pain.  And I can take pain!

So anyway, the visit had been paid to the Dr and once the appropriate medications were determined and ordered and my mom was graciously waiting in the pharmacy for me, the girls and I waited in the car.  They were getting antsy and I was trying to explain how sick I was and how miserable I had been and I completely broke down and started weeping.  They asked me if I was laughing or crying and I just cried harder.  Then Sasha asked me where my head hurt and kissed it.  Best kisses ever.  And thankfully by the time we got home and I had taken round one of anti-colonizations and Advil cold and sinus and got all cozy with soup and a heat sock, I really was feeling better.

Because omg, a slowly building sinus and double ear take-over-and-conquer plus 2 migraines over the course of 6 days is just death and destruction.  The girls missed two days of school bc I couldn't move, and other people graciously got them to school yesterday.  Mom has taken over every duty possible and the girls have taken over getting me water.  The bonus is that now that my ears are so plugged, their random yells and such aren't bothering me!  My friends have been phenomenal, sending me star wars books, making me soup, bringing me star wars mugs (cheap date I guess!).  Oh, I suppose I AM watching Star Wars right now.  But, it's not like I'm obsessed or anything, it's just, more kid friendly than other selections.  And AWESOME duh.

So here's to constant torture, still no word on botox, a nice new Dr. I met, and fabulous friends and family.  Impressive.  And thanks to the good Lord Jesus that Mom is on vacation!!! (cue chorus of heavenly angels)  Shoot, we might even get a christmas tree up before christmas eve...
#achristmasmiraclecharlibrown
#newyearstree?

No comments:

Post a Comment