Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Reese's Percocet

I don't know what happened.  We fiddled with meds, that didn't work, we quit fiddling with meds, I went two glorious weeks taking no pain meds at all, and then I got a sinus infection from satan himself.  Now anything from satan himself has to go through God as Job pointed out, but whatever.  12 days and counting of migraine pain later and all I'm wondering is when is my period going to start and I get another migraine or 3?  I mean, I had to refill medication I haven't had to refill since 2011.  I killed off the last of my C-section Percocet.  Jesus on my behalf even spoke to a friend of mine two states away to pray for the complete healing of me and my daughters.  THAT'S HARD CORE!!!

For certain, at least it was over the girls' spring break, and then my Mom's spring break the following week.  And at least the Giants started playing ball again.  All has not been lost.  I'm just upset because I hardly ever get sick and I've never had a sinus infection in my life and by all accounts this was not a bad one.  It was just accompanied by the worst and longest pressure migraine I've ever had.  In my entire life.  I missed so much life in those days and will miss so much more trying to play "catch up", if I even get to catch up before the next one catches me.  That's why I need the complete healing that my friend and I and many others are praying for.

Ugh, to be free.  It hurts to think about.  It's impossible to even dream about.  Right now it's just words I can say when I need it thick like a pole I can grab onto, like a beam I can hang my hammock on.  I need belief and dream and hope in me like a hammer, nails, and 2x4s you can build a house out of.  And we'll sit inside at the kitchen table and eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on wheat bread, on THIS earth, in THIS life time.  And after a few times I won't even cry about it because it will be normal.

Psalm 27:13-14 "Where would I be if I did not believe I would experience the Lord's favor in the land of the living? Wait on the Lord! Be strong and let your heart be confident. Rely on the Lord!"
#wellokthen


No comments:

Post a Comment